Former biathlete, current coach….all round nordic enthusiast!

An elite athlete competing in the sport of biathlon: nordic ski racing combined with marksmanship

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Mount Desert Island....2nd Edition

First, sorry for my long hiatus...lots of photos and stories to update you on but it will take a few days.

Right now I'm enjoying my second visit (ever) to MDI with my mom for a few days while also visiting with Paul (UMPI ski coach, his wife Rachael, and their (oh, so cute) little son, Axel.

 
Axel hamming it up for me before showing me just how he much enjoys eating....apparently baby food tastes even better after it's been used as a facial moisturizer!

Yesterday my mom and I enjoyed some much needed but VERY hot sunshine while hiking on the eastern edge of the island. Afterwards we took a dip at a kid-infested beach along our way to Southwest Harbor where we got ice cream and lunch (yes, in that order).

This evening we enjoyed a picnic dinner on the seawall. Cheaper, quicker, and quieter that fighting the crowds that head to downtown Bar Harbor for dinner every night. Did that last night. 

I am still training...always. This morning I did my second set of MDI intervals on one of the island's many hiking trails.
 Blueberry-picking break yesterday with my mom...

Check back soon for updates to include more pictures and stories from this weekend's Katahdin adventures with the MWSC Junior and Devo gangs!

No comments:

Post a Comment