Former biathlete, current coach….all round nordic enthusiast!

An elite athlete competing in the sport of biathlon: nordic ski racing combined with marksmanship

Saturday, October 20, 2012

In the Wild, Wild West.

 Greetings from Utah! I'm here, staying in Park City, for a two week camp and a set of rollerski races at the 2002 Olympic venue in Midway, Soldier Hollow. Today was just my third day here but my first out with a camera. Enjoy! 

This morning I enjoyed the sunny and warmer weather while hiking right from our condo at the base of Park City Resort. I hiked up the access roads to a 9998 ft peak up in Guardsman Pass. You can click on any picture to view them all in a slide show format. 




Looking back the way I came up...

These monsters grace the alpine trails that are easy enough for kids...



People ski down that! Yikes!

Heading out beyond the main mountain and into the backcountry. The peak on the left was my destination and final peak before heading back toward Park City. 




Looking west toward Brighton and Solitude Resorts...

Made it to the top...

Yahoo!

Park City used to be a mining town...this building is some of what's left of the main part of the operation up on the mountain. 

What the mine used to look like...

The other big mine building I spotted on my way down...

Tomorrow I have an off day before getting geared up for two races next week. Hopefully we get lucky but right now the weather forecast looks unpromising. Rain and 36. 
Glad I brought some tights, my rain coat and boot driers! 


No comments:

Post a Comment