Former biathlete, current coach….all round nordic enthusiast!

An elite athlete competing in the sport of biathlon: nordic ski racing combined with marksmanship

Monday, May 6, 2013

Crafts, cooking, and...tan lines?


This photo was taken a little over a week ago on Long Lake in St Agatha...
Now there's no ice left after several days at 80 degrees!

This spring has brought amazing weather thus far. I can't remember the last time I had tan lines before May 6th! Yesterday I joined Seth and Nick Michaud (a MWSC teammate and member of the Bates Ski Team) on a long road ride. It was 80 degrees, sunny and absolutely gorgeous. We did a loop and my left side definitely got some extra sun in the 4 hours that we were out. The next 10 days promise more of the same but secretly my inner New Englander is hoping for a rainy day or two sometime soon. We need it....things are getting dry!  


With the start of May comes the start of training season. Light hours at first but I’m enjoying these easy weeks because I know higher hours will come soon enough. I've been making good use of my extra free time this spring: lots of crafts, cooking and some reading. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you see it) I discovered Pinterest a few months ago. While I would agree that you can waste a lot of time perusing, it's a crafter's heaven. I've found so many neat ideas on there and now I finally have some time to try them out!   

Punching shapes out of paint test-strips to make something and trying out a new pattern for floss bracelets. 

Button bracelets and decoupaging a photo of mine onto a canvas.



A decoupage project: this glass turned into a candle holder!


A Pinterest project....

became this, and 




this. We have yet to decide what to do with them all but they make nice sun catchers! 


 
Today I spent some time upgrading the fairy houses...kind of dorky maybe but I love it. The houses with all the little ladders, porches, and walkways remind me of Swiss Family Robinson. 



Even though we haven't had fresh cucumbers in a long time, I've still been making my own pickles...


Fort Kent's Sunday morning cycling crew...23 riders for the first ride of the season!


Just another nice evening in Northern ME. Love it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment