Former biathlete, current coach….all round nordic enthusiast!

An elite athlete competing in the sport of biathlon: nordic ski racing combined with marksmanship

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Just a little extra blue...

Each winter I get at least one or two days where I am just astonished at how happy a little extra blue wax can make me. Today was one of those days.

So pretty! Pretty sure my "snack break" in this field took a little longer than it should have...it was too nice and I didn't want to leave! 

We've had some fresh snow here in Fort Kent over the last few days and this morning, with fresh grooming from a newly-repaired piston bully, the trails couldn't have been better. I headed up with my swix extra blue, cork, classic skis and poles, and camera and wandered the tracks for a solid three hours with a huge grin on my face. It might have helped that the sun was shining and, with a light dusting of powdery snow last night, the whole world was sparkling. Wish the camera would have caught that!



Cruisin around with a big grin on my face...

Grand outlook....

This afternoon: crafts. Hmmmm....what to make? I think the beads are going away and sewing machine might make an appearance. 

Dinner of champions. HUGE salad: spinach, cabbage, apples, onions, carrots, raisins, cheddar cheese, and sunflower seeds. Mmmmmmmm, good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment