Former biathlete, current coach….all round nordic enthusiast!

An elite athlete competing in the sport of biathlon: nordic ski racing combined with marksmanship

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween Skiing!

Last night we got 15'' (yes, that's fifteen inches!) of snow at my house in Gilford, NH. I was going to head back up to Maine yesterday but decided to stay a couple of extra days and get in my first ski! 


My mom came with me on her snowshoes and packed trail....lucky for me because the snow was super sticky and would have been really deep if I'd been all  on my own! Plus I had company! 


View from the top of the hill I love on....that's Lake Winnipesaukee in the background.


The wet snow was sticking to my fish-scale waxless skis....bombproof kick! 

The woods were really pretty because so many of the trees still had their fall foliage. The bright colors create quite the contrast against the fresh white snow. 


Heading up through the fields in my mom's snowshoes tracks.


The adirondack chairs at the top of the hill. 


With my mom and our dog Kaiya in the very colorful woods. 




I head back to Maine tomorrow....it will be really hard to leave behind all this snow but I know it'll be gone soon. It's supposed to be 60 degrees here on Thursday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment