Former biathlete, current coach….all round nordic enthusiast!

An elite athlete competing in the sport of biathlon: nordic ski racing combined with marksmanship

Monday, December 26, 2011

Some photos from my last few days here at home in New Hampshire for Christmas:

The whole gang on Christmas Eve: LtoR Isaac, Nicole, Andy, Martina, Alex, Seth and myself

Again, this time inside (and with a dorky face and three dogs)


Kaiya hiding out with her new lemon toy...
Tired puppy at the end of Christmas...
The turkey my parents feed on our deck...

Our Christmas tree...

Isaac and Nicole

My mom and I on top of Piper Mountain on Christmas...
Stockings all hung by the chimney with care...

Seth and I on Piper Mountain enjoying the sun on a very cold bench...
Working on a Russian Church puzzle that I got my brother...

Emily, Seth and I on Piper...

Alex and Omi, my grandmother at her house on Christmas Eve...

So far my first few days at home have been hectic but enjoyable. Lots of Christmas shopping to start with, then wrapping, visiting, eating, and enjoying. The weather has been good so far but Mother Nature has some icky stuff lined up for us now so hopefully she'll change her mind before it actually falls. The trails at Gunstock have nothing yet but my dad has been making snow like crazy and there's a sledding hill forming in the middle of the race stadium. I skied this morning with some of the Gunstock Nordic (my original ski club) members at the base of the alpine area. It wasn't much terrain but it was good snow and real skiing (i.e. not rollerskiing) so I can't complain. I will surely be back there again tomorrow...bright and early: 7am. It's tough to get up that early but nothing beats being done with morning training by 9 a.m. I'm hoping to stay home until the 29th or 30th, at which point I will head to Jericho, VT until the next series of trials races mid-January.


Time to get my Snow Dance on....

No comments:

Post a Comment